In layman’s terms, Tenant Installation (TI) is an allowance given by the landlord to their tenant, exclusively for usage in the leased property. The tenant is permitted to use that allowance for modifications to their space, to ensure comfort and security. It can be used for anything except the purchase of furniture and/or movable items.
TI is calculated as one months’ rental.
- 2-year lease – 1 months’ worth of TI
- 3-year lease- 2 months’ worth of TI
- 4-year lease- 3 months’ worth of TI
- 5-year lease- 5 month’ worth of TI
Tenant Installation Allowance
These funds are spend on one or more of the following:
- Installation of kitchens.
- Reconfiguration of the interior using partitions and (interior) dry walling.
- Flooring / carpets.
- Ceiling tiles.
- Restroom fixtures.
- Fire protection.
- Aircon systems.